TAC Eligibility Checklist
Are you eligible to apply for a TAC grant? This checklist of general guidelines will help you quickly determine your eligibility
Individual artists must…
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), have an application pending for Permanent Resident Status, or be a Protected Person (approved refugee claimant)
- Have been a resident of Toronto for at least one year prior to the deadline, and live and work in Toronto for at least eight months of the year (unless when applying to the Newcomer/Refugee Artist Mentorship program).
- Be a “professional artist”, which the TAC defines as someone who has developed their skills through training and/or practice; is recognized as such by artists working in the same artistic tradition; actively practices their art; seeks payment for their work; and has a history of public presentation.
- Not have any overdue final reports.
- Not have an outstanding final report due in the stream that the grant application is being submitted.
- Only receive one discipline-stream project grant and one strategic initiative grant per calendar year.
Organizations and collectives must…