We mourn the loss of our #OurLondonFamily; three generations killed by one hateful act. Our thoughts go out to the nine-year old who survived. We mourn but we are also angry; angry that we as a society have allowed Islamophobia to reach these proportions; angry that the ideology of white supremacy continues to manifest itself through violence against racialized communities, Black, Indigenous, Asian, Muslim and so many others. We stand in solidarity with #OurLondonFamily, the Muslim community and all victims of this hateful ideology.
- We encourage you to change your social media profile picture to this image of the Green Ribbon Against Islamophobia, using the hashtag #OurLondonFamily
- Use this resource list to broaden and deepen your understanding of Islamophobia developed by islamophobia-is.com
- Provide a space/brave space to your Muslim co-workers
- You can support the family members by helping raise funds by clicking here.
- Write a Letter of Remembrance for #OurLondonFamily
- Counter Islamophobia instantly by writing or reading stories on Islamophobia.io, a digital storytelling platform designed to foster understanding between Muslim communities (with the support of allies) and the public. Developed by artist @studentAsim. Email email@example.com to connect further.
You can also access these statements from National Council on Canadian Muslims (NCCM), the Mayor of London, Ed Holder and this video from Imam Munir El-Kassem, Imam of the Islamic Centre of Southwestern Ontario, on the need to address hatred.