City of Toronto Offers Culture Build Investment Program - Deadline: April 14, 2014
The Culture Build Investment Program offered by the City of Toronto provides matching funds to assist the City's not-for-profit cultural sector with financing for state of good repair capital projects.
The program also provides funding for feasibility studies for projects that meet the criteria. The arts and cultural organizations that are supported through the Culture Build Investment Program provide a wide variety of opportunities for Toronto residents to engage in the arts as participants, volunteers or audience members. In 2014, Toronto City Council has earmarked $330,000 for the program. To date, the Culture Build Investment Program has helped bring 71 cultural facilities closer to a state of good repair.
Applicants to the Culture Build Investment Program must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- incorporated as a non-for-profit organization;
- located in the City of Toronto;
- have been in existence for a minimum of three years;
- own the facility or have at least five years remaining on their current lease at the time of applying for the program; and
- are not in city-owned facilities.
Funding for feasibility studies may be provided to those organizations that meet the existing eligibility criteria.
The program does not support the following:
- regular building maintenance costs; and
- cost of purchasing or building a facility.
The submission deadline is April 14, 2014.
Applications and information about the Culture Build Investment Program is available by contacting:
Lori Martin at 416-392-5225 firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: